7 ways Mind Tools will engage your employees
What engages workers? Is it salary? Perks? Office vibe? You may be surprised to hear that learning consistently comes up out in the top responses for employee engagement studies.
Your employees want to learn
A Culture Amp survey, for example, found that staff with access to the right L&D are 21% more engaged. What’s more, over half of employee retention comes from the belief that companies contribute to their growth and development. 
What employees want from learningPeople want to learn throughout their careers. But not all L&D is born equal. Here’s what employees want from your learning offering.
1. On-demand resourcesA 2018 LinkedIn report found that employees want to learn at their own pace and “in the point of need.”  Mind Tools toolkits offer just that. On-demand, digital resources that people can access anywhere, any time. We make them easy to digest so your people can dip in, learn, and move on.
2. In-demand topicsAre your people empowered? A CIPD report found that engaged employees have the skills and confidence to do their job well.  Our toolkits, 101 Suite and custom learning can help your people up- and re-skill.
That includes capabilities like problem-solving plus soft skills such as communication. Our research also reveals people are looking for well-being support right now. Here at Mind Tools we make it our mission to respond to these evolving needs.
3. Job-specific contentPeople also need job- and company-specific skills to work smarter. That’s why we have Client Partners with expertise in your industry. They can work with you to support your employees with their unique development needs. To give you an idea:
- 10,000 AstraZeneca employees regularly view our learning resources on topics such as emotional intelligence, crisis handling and contingency planning.
- Camden Council curated our content with its own to create learning pathways for staff at all levels. And support their well-being in the move from face-to-face to remote working.
- LV= integrated our toolkit with its LMS. And worked with us to tag resources to its values. Interaction with on-demand training has increased by 28% since 2017.
- Thousands of educators – around the world – use our custom learning to get up to speed with the teaching methods of the International Baccalaureate.
Read more case studies to see how Mind Tools is helping all types of organizations in a wide variety of industries.
4. Always-on resourcesOur research reveals that top-performing organizations have “self-determined learners.” They manage their own L&D, but demand it’s ready when they are, in the format they’re looking for.
That’s why we offer multi-media learning resources. Your employees will find audio interviews, articles, videos, animations, quizzes, how-to guides and more.
What’s more, our Client Experience Team will work with you to offer marketing support that nudges people to your content. And you can help them feel at home by branding your toolkit just how you like it. You can even integrate our products with your existing LMS.
5. Content that gets better and betterResilience. Change management. Creativity. Some topics are classics. But we also scour search-term analysis to find out what employees want to learn – now.
You’ll have access to this data, too. Your toolkit dashboard will show you team stats, login frequency, and total time spent learning. So, you’ll see what your learners really need from you. We also get feedback from user comments, pop-up survey results, and through talking to clients.
Want to dive deeper? Our Learning Performance Benchmark lets you compare your L&D efforts with other organizations – including your peers!
6. Resources they can rely onNo fake news here. Whether you choose our toolkit, 101 Suite or custom learning, our in-house writers, editors, designers, and developers produce engaging and credible content. And every resource goes through our quality control process to ensure it’s accurate and up to scratch.
7. Shareable contentPeople like to share; it’s in our nature. Research reveals top organizations have “growth mindsets.” Their employees apply what they have learned to their jobs – and share knowledge with their colleagues. 
With the Mind Tools toolkits, your people can comment on, like and share – including on Microsoft Teams. They can share playlists, too. These curated pages can hold our content and yours – helping employees develop the skillsets your organization needs most.
Want to see what Mind Tools can do to help engage your people? Explore our learning solutions to find out.
 Croswel, L. Focus on learning and development to increase retention [online] Available here. [Accessed 15 September 2021].
 LinkedIn. 2018 Workplace Learning Report [online]. Available here. [Accessed 15 September 2021].
 CIPD, Employee engagement: an evidence review. [online] Available here. [Accessed 15 September 2021].
 Lutin, L. (2020). Superlearning: Reskilling, upskilling and outskilling for a future-proof workforce [online]. Available here. [Accessed 15 September 2021].
You may also be interested in…
Marketing Manager for ANZ, Helen Essex, sat down with Neil Watson, General Manager for ANZ, to hear more about how our regional clients are using D&I to build a learning culture that meets the needs of today’s diverse workforce.
August 2021Read More